The following options are available to our customers to redress any grievance they may have, pertaining to Insurance Policies and their Benefits.
A.SPIBPL CUSTOMER GREIVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM
- Complaints or feedbacks need to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
- Name of the Insured / policy holder:
- Policy number:
- Policy date:
- Name of the Insurance Company:
- Name of the Insurance Policy:
- Details of the complaint / redressed required:
- SPIBPL shall send an acknowledgement immediately after receiving the complaint
- The grievance shall be sent to the respective insurer for resolution in a time frame of T+1 (T being the date of receipt of the grievance to the above email id)
- SPIBPL will take whole hearted efforts to resolve the complaints within 14 days of receipt of the complaint.
- Once it is resolved, we will intimate to you with the details of the resolution, by e-mail.
- In case if it is not resolved within 14 days or if the customer is unhappy with the resolution, he/she can make approach IRDAIs Grievance Redressal Cell
The Grievance Redressal Cell in the Policyholder's Protection & Grievance Redressal Department of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India looks into complaints/grievances from policyholders. This Cell takes up the grievances with the respective insurers for redressal.
Policyholders who have complaints against insurers are required to first approach the Complaints/Grievance Redressal Cell of the insurer concerned. Click here for the mail ids of the Grievance Redressal Officers of the insurers. If they do not receive a response from the insurer within a reasonable period of time or are dissatisfied with the response of the company, they may approach the Grievance Redressal Cell in the Policyholder's Protection & Grievance Redressal Department of the IRDAI.
Only complaints from the insured or the claimants shall be entertained. The Cell shall not entertain complaints written on behalf of policyholders by advocates or agents or by any third parties.
Complainants are requested to submit complete details of the complaint as required in the complaint registration form put on the IRDAI website – policyholder.gov.in. Click here to download the Complaint Registration Form. Without the required information called for in the Complaint Registration Form, IRDAI will not be in a position to register the complaint.
- Can make use of the Bima Bharosa system - IRDAI Portal at Link for registering the complaints themselves and to monitor the status of the complaints.
- Can send the complaint through Email to email@example.com
- Can call Toll Free No. 155255 or 1800 4254 732.
- Apart from the above options, if it is felt necessary by the complainant to send the communication in physical form, the same may be sent to IRDAI addressed to:
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI)
Policyholder's protection & Grievance Redressal Department – Grievance Redressal Cell.
Sy.No.115/1, Financial District, Nanakramguda,
Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500 032.
C.REDRESSAL THROUGH INSURANCE OMBUDSMEN
Customers also have the option of approaching Insurance Ombudsman to resolve their grievances. An online complaint facility is made available at https://cioins.co.in/Complaint/Online.
Please visit to know more to
- Understand Ombudsman Rules of 2017
- Register complaints online
- Track the status of the complaints
- FAQ’s pertaining to the Ombudsman processes
- Know the names and addresses of Grievance Redressal Officers (GRO’s) of Insurance Companies